Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Fiddling With a Card Idea

Last night I was fiddling with a card idea. I'd seen a video showing the watercolor technique and I LOVE watercolor and watercoloring.  The demonstrator made the technique look really simple so I thought this should be easy peasy for me to do.  WRONG!!  To start with I should have used watercolor paper but I was too lazy to get some so I used regular card stock instead.  Here was the result of a small sample:

Crummy colors, runny ink.  Miserable looking.

Second try - still on card stock (yes, I was lazy and stubborn) - a little better color choice but not very attractive.  I like the first sample better, if I had to choose - 


Next try, better but still crummy and the stamp is too low.


Final try for the night was this one -


Drippy and messy but the colors were okay.  Later this week I'll try again, this time on watercolor paper and more patience.  Maybe I'll even watch the demo video again. 

Check out our nicer cards at www.paperowlartists.etsy.com





1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    I finally got to get a chance to come and check out your blog. Love your work. It's so much fun when our hubby's can join in and support our paper addiction. lol I also just wanted to let you know that I sent our a letter to you in the mail today. Hugs. Robin

    ReplyDelete