Sunday, April 13, 2014

New Cards from 1923 Nature Magazine

Today was craft day - a greeting card making day.  While thinking about designs and looking through some paper ephemera, I remembered I had some vintage magazines stacked in the craft closet.  I found an old 1923 Nature Magazine I'd purchased at an antique store a few years ago.  The pages were pretty brittle but still very useable to cut out some of the photos to use for cards.

September 1923 issue of Nature Magazine

Jeff and I had attended a cardmaking class Saturday, the theme of which was masculine cards.  Still in a masculine cardmaking mindset, as soon as I saw the deer photos, I knew I had to make cards from them.  What do you think?  Wouldn't they be fabulous to send to a man in your life for Father's Day, a birthday or just to say hello?




Each card measures 5" x 6-1'2", and uses brown, black and dark grey cardstock  The inside of the card has a manilla cardstock writing area.  The cardstock is edged in black ink and sits atop an agled piece of black cardstock.  Very rustic looking!  Only 1 set available for sale at Paper Owl Artists' Etsy Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment